Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

HEY!

Sorry for dropping off the radar the past week. With the start of school, polishing up the Rhippus EP, going to/playing shows, etc. etc. yikes it has definitely been busy! As usual, I completed less work this week than I desired, but does it ever feel like there is enough time in a day?

Friday night brought a packed house to My Place Pizza on Main Street. Though I missed the opening acts, I was able to catch Recycled Earth, Giant Science and the always raucous Living Laser. Of course it was shortly after arriving that I realized I didn't have my Canon, so some (shitty) cellphone pictures will have to suffice. My apologies to Sex Stream and other bands I missed!

I don't want to say I was surprised by how many people were there but DAMN! It reminded me of the good ol' days when Crannel still existed and that place would get riiiipppeed up. Good times. Surprisingly, the chandeliers dangling within windmill-arm's-length were (mostly) spared, and I was able to save my teeth from getting kicked-in twice. I haven't seen a hardcore show like that in Poughkeepsie in a long time!








The next night was equally as awesome and I want to thank all my friends that came out to see Sif Rhippus and all the bands that made it a good time. I especially want to thank Citizen Kraang for getting us on the bill and Frank from TV Champs for hooking me up with a power cord. Looking forward to seeing you guys again this Friday!

Oh yeah, on Friday night My Place Pizza will open their doors to the acts of TV Champs, Spooky Cabins, Sif Rhippus along with the debut of our good friends Prizefighter! There are a bunch of cool things going on, so if you find yourself bored around 8:00 pm this Friday, YOU SHOULDN'T BE! GET YOUR ASS TO THE PIZZA PLACE! Oh yeah, I MIGHT actually release our EP that night too...if I ever pull my head out of my ass to do it. 

-TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment