Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Spooky Cabins Coffin E.P.


My good friend mister Robert Chasse just released a four song EP under the enigmatic moniker of Spooky Cabins. By now I've given this joint a couple of puffs and the verdict is that I think you should as well! First things first, I was immediately impressed by the audio quality and musicianship. While relatively simple, the compositions are succinct and result in a top notch production. Though I enjoy all four tracks, I have to say that "Go(ld) Home" is my personal favorite. Be forewarned that the Coffin EP is a series of sorrowful shanties that will attempt to plunder your heart of any joy it may contain; there are no campfire sing-a-longs here, but that's a good thing! Closing out with a cover of "Murderer" by the band Low, this EP from Spooky Cabins is as equally brilliant as it is pleasant. Cover art by Vin Conti. Nice job, gentlemen. 

Fuck what I think, have a listen for yourself! You can download the Coffin EP here!

-TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment